Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Best I Want To

"Are they really doing the best that they can?"
"Yes, I guess so."
"Or, are they doing the best that they want to?"

Sometimes the answer is pretty obvious in observing others, but turned inward, the question is confrontational, demanding that I either ignore it, or explore the possible self-revelation. Am I really training the "best" that I can, or the best that I want to? When it gets to the event and "dig-down" time will I have experience in going past "want to" to get me to the" best I can?"

And in life, in dealing with, in caring for others, how am I doing? Am I just getting to "want to" in my relationships, and not doing the hard work of relationship, to get to my "best."

Time to go get my training in and meet that decision on the road, and on the road of life:
"Am I really doing the best I can or only the best I want to?"

No comments:

Post a Comment