Friday, July 30, 2010

Good Knees

"Marvin, the guy at the bike shop said you do those things where you swim and run and bike or something like that. "Haven't your knees ever given you trouble? You know you can ruin your knees with all that running."

"I have been doing this for about 28 years now and I have had some knee problems that I got over. But I am going on 67 years old and the knees still work. Although I am no visionary, there may be a nursing home in my future sooner than I would like. Now what am I going to need good knees for in a nursing home?"

"---I want to be thoroughly used up when I die. For the harder I work the more I live. --"
George Bernard Shaw

1 comment:

  1. That's right Marv. I love the quote! I figure when everything on the body is used up, then I'll finally have some time to get better at chess, read all those novels I've been missing, take up knitting, or something like that. Time for that in the nursing home. In the meantime, run on! You're an inspiration.

    I've got 24 years of triathlon training on my knees and counting. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete